пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

brett matthew photography




I filled up my car this morning and my ass doesnapos;t hurt as much.

I am now 98.9 fully moved out of my dadapos;s house. The only belongings of mine that are at my dadapos;s is a chest FULL OF COMICS and some of my crap in the shed and the attic. These are things I see as totally unneccessary and I will retrieve at a later date.

But for all practical purposes, I am fully moved into my house and now I need to start unpacking. Yes......... I STILL havenapos;t unpacked ALOT of shit.

I threw alot of shit away yesterday, and I kept alot of useless shit. A bunch of crap was in my closet still. Stuff like: records I never listen to, lego knight sets, comic cards, vhs tapes that I only watch every now and then, BIG ASS BAGS of herbs I bought online a while back, 2 guitars, nes games and some sentimental shit. Stuff I threw away were: audio tapes, wires, stuffed animals, toys. Good lord. Dad and aunt Mary said they couldnapos;t believe I had THAT MUCH CRAP in one room.

Neither can I.

After dad and I loaded up the crap into the wagon, we all went to eat at China Buffet. When we got back, Dad and Mary followed me to my house and dad helped unload. When they left, I took my shower then sat in the study for about an hour listening to Bach and Mozart with the lamps lit. I went to bed at 9.

Tomorrow, me and Dad will go garage sailing. I asked him if he wanted to go over the week. This will be the first time we go since Iapos;m in my house. Iapos;d kinda like it if he came over and we could drink chocolate milk in the sunroom before we go.

I need some tables. Specifically, a small dark brown table to put in the study, and a bigger table upon which I can eat in the sunroom. The sunroom is where I take most of my lunches; sitting on the rocking chair and listening to the radio while looking out into the yard.

Itapos;s supposed to get down to the 50apos;s this weekend and thatapos;s GOOD.

Rebecca came down this past weekend and we all had fun. Basic rundown: Wednesday, she got in and went straight to sleep. Lol. I cleared alot of the brush by the bayou (more on that later). When she awoke, we hung out a bit and then built a fire and sat out by the fire until fucking 4 in the morning The next day, we didnapos;t do much because she slept late every day she was here. We did end up going to the Quarter, though and had fun. Friday we watched Lord of the Rings all the way through. I didnapos;t, though, because... Again... She awoke late and we got a late start on the movies and only made it halfway through Return of the King. Saturday we hung around then went to Oktoberfest (more on that later) and then left to go to the Quarter. Again, we had fun. Sunday we went into town and hung around the quarter until it was time to drop her off at the airport. I think she had fun.

The previous weekend (October 5th) was AWESOME, too. It was the first weekend of Oktoberfest. Man, I would go to that EVERY weekend if I could, but this weekend, Iapos;m staying in Slidell. We will all go for the last weekend, though, on October 25th. Iapos;m sure that will be one HELLUVA shindig.

At the first weekend, though, I brought my duck stien that I got in Pensacola from the guy who thought it was a Ducks Unlimited stien. He was selling it along with a few other stiens that had "ducks unlimted" emblazened upon the porcelin along with some Budwieser stiens. THIS stien was not porcelin. I recognized it as being earthenware. I liked that, and I also liked the Mallard ducks painted on it, so I bought it. When I held it up that saturday to compare it to the Hausapos; collection of stiens, it matched FOUR of their stiens One of the members who is frequently there when I am saw me and yelled from across the room, "Itapos;s part of a collection Itapos;s really old, like from the 30apos;s or so"

Holy shit So I told him how I obtained it and he was surprised. So for $15, I got a really COOL earthenware stien and on top of THAT, itapos;s about 70 years old. How awesome is that?

Over the last couple of weeks, Iapos;ve been doing ALOT of clearing down by the bayou. At first, I just wanted to clear down by the waterline, but that turned into wishing to clear the brush from the banks as well. As a result, I have now have about 50 feet of cleared WATERFRONT PROPERTY. I have about.. Oh... 130 feet more to go. Lol. (Dimenions of lot are 181X320, bayou cuts lot in half-therefore one can assume that length of bayou that runs through my property is at least 181 feet- bayou runs slightly diagonally) So now, you can see quite a bit more water when looking down there. Before, there were only GAPS in the brush and bushes from which you could see only small streches of the water. Now, itapos;s a clear shot. Absolutely awesome. It took ALOT of work, too. About 4 days so far, working at least 4 hours each day. I had to cut down a few trees, rip through a few bushes with the brush cutter attachment of my weedeater, shred weeds, grass and vines with the brushcutter, weedeat the entire stretch AND the slopes of the bank and THEN rake.

ALOT OF FUCKING WORK.

But worth it?

Oh, hell yes.

And strangely, I canapos;t wait to get back to working on it.

I need to DIG steps down to the bank, though. See, the water naturally flows about 10 feet below the property elevation. Itapos;s hard to describe. If you walked away from my house towards the water, eventually, you will come to a slope of about 75 degrees. Along the length of the bayou, the land elevation gradually slopes down until the north end of my property sees the land sloping down about 30 degrees to meet with the bayou. But as right as you walk out from my house directly towards the bayou, it is about 75 degrees. This is where I will be digging steps down to the waterline. There is a patch upon which you can walk all along the waterapos;s edge. In most places, the path is at least 2 feet wide and level. In some places, it isnapos;t so..... Level... Lol. Most of that I will just leave alone. I have ALOT of ideas.

Thing about my ideas is that it wonapos;t cost much money to do; if it costs anything at all. BUT. It will require ALOT of work I have the tools and the will. It will be worth it, though. I have some concrete with which I will pour solid steps once Iapos;ve dug them out. It will be nice to be able to step freely down to the waterapos;s edge without having to watch your footing. From there, I will level out some of the path like I described and continue to clear brush and weeds. It should be extremely pleasant.

Anyway. Iapos;ve been doing alot of yardwork at my house and thatapos;s why I havenapos;t unpacked fully yet. I do need to unpack, though. I ALSO need to get up in that attic and get rid of the stuff up there that I wonapos;t use. There seems to be quite a bit of christmas decorations up there.

Decorations that I hope to use for December 6th

XD

I gotta get back to work now. Workapos;s been rather busy, actually. Hence, why I havenapos;t been writing.

This weekend should be fun. Tonite, Scottapos;s gonna come over and weapos;ll drink a little bit. Not too much, though, because I want to feel excellent for tomorrow morning when Dad and I go garage sailing. Tomorrow, I will go Necrophest with Taryn and Scott. I have to save money, though.

NEXT weekend will be the last weekend of Oktoberfest, and I will do NOTHING that friday night, but the Saturday, we will party like itapos;s 1810

(Only history buffs will catch the significance of that date)

Well. There it is.

End Transmission.
brett matthew photography, brett matthews, brett matthews imagitas, brett matthews photo.



Комментариев нет: